Tuesday, June 06, 2006

cant think of a title

have been awol for a while..totally hectic time..i must admit however that whenever i did have some free time i was too lazy to blog.my apologies.my boards are up on the shop..one of the boards is totally messed up..the designer got the logo wrong..how i dunno...i will post pictures of my shop soon..so far dont have the technology to do it...but very soon will get everything in place. people love bargaining.i for one have never bargained..i mean i have but i usually dont.this gora guy came in and started bargaining like crazy as if i was running a kapra shop or something..it wasnt as if i was quoting him prices from the top of my head.we've got prices listed on the products...fine theres room for discounts but this german guy was ridiculous..he wanted the stuff for free..i guess they have this impression that u have to haggle and haggle to get ure price in the orient..was pretty pissed...told him to find the prices he wanted elsewhere...have a feeling he'll be back...will update if that happens...managed to sneak in a few movies this week...stole a dvd player from my shop..tht helped cos my dvd players have been out of order for a while..saw a russian version of the da vinci code..ppl by and large didnt like it...i thought it wasnt so bad...in fact i enjoyed it.tom hanks was a good langdon i thought...saw albert brooks movie about finding comedy in the muslim world..i dunno about him but i didnt find much comedy in the film.waiting for good prints for MI3 and Xmen3.again im hearing bad reviews for these movies but i just love such action flicks...real quality time pass for me...real funny thing took place this week...my dad came on begum nawazish ali....couldnt believe it when i heard it...couldnt believe it when i saw it...couldnt believe it when its happened...too funny!!my dads so not the person to EVER come on begum sahib's show..i guess that just added to my sense of disbelief..hehe...khair will try to do a do a better job of being regular here...till next time adios!

6 Comments:

Blogger KM said...

how cool is that...has the episode aired yet...if not do tell when it'll be aired.
lol...my grandfathers past the "im on tv" stage...
becharay...he says "if only the world knew how little lift i get in my own house...you guys dont even watch my interviews"
lol!
ud better be regular now!

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Jerry shah said...

hehe...yeah the show aired last weekend dunno whether they'll show it again

5:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one thing that is wayy too obvious is that people here in Pakiland dont have much respect for labor.
Most parents would want to see thier children do a whitecollaredTightPants (heh) job and earn 15 K than open up shop and earn much more. I call that misplaced priorities (perhaps due to the Raj effect, but thats a different stroy).
And yet another observation is that when ppl say that 'pakistan may unemployment bauhat barh gayee hai', it almost ticks me off... people are not willing to work, period. I did read in another post of yours about the same delima and I definitly second that.
It is almost refreshing to read a 'dukaandaar' rant about politics and business on a 'modern' tool such as a blog! Heh. I feel this generation of Pakistanis will produce better results; economically, religiously and socially, inshAllah. Regardless of what we are told!

P.S. where is your shop exactly and what do you sell? And while you are talking about haggling, will you give me a discount because I have commented on your blog? hehehehe(plz note, I only have a faint idea of what you sell, but a discount is discount!!;) )

12:45 AM

 
Blogger moizza said...

Update?

9:58 AM

 
Blogger Jerry shah said...

hehe momekh thx for the comment..ive opened an electronics shop.we sell tvs,ac's fridges etc...youll get a good deal if u buy from me...shops name is powerhouse and its in main market right next to jalalsons..lol i feel cheap marketing in this way..hehe...

11:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

np... and electronics, yes, electronics are good. :) I also think we have met b4. A long, long freakin time back. AC. Me was SC 96. I think u were 95, no? small world, i tell ya...

And given my long ass love affair with entrepreneurship and marketing :P, I can guarantee you one thing: it takes considerable courage to bypass this innate 'awkwardness' of marketing one's ownself. Even producing your own business card with the words "director" or "proprietor" can be an issue! And most of the success stories have perfected this 'courage' so much that people mistakingly think that the people were born with it. hmmm...

anyways, good luck with the programme :) u r more than welcome to drop by at me blog for some thought attacks and what not... peace and God Bless...
M.

2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home